Safe Yakima Valley
Our Vision is…
The Yakima Valley will be known as one of the safest places to live, work and raise a family.
Our Mission is…
Our mission is to strengthen community efforts to make our neighborhoods safe and our youth drug-free.
Our Values are…
To be inclusive
Seek unity in all we do
Remain determined and not give up
Empower and enable people and organizations
Multiply and coordinate resources, not duplicate them
- Successful collaborative community efforts contributing to the reduction in crime rates for three consecutive years.
- Received $25,000 for anti-meth media project from Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna’s office.
- Increased methamphetamine emphasis in Superior Court Drug Court program.
- Worked with legislators on gang, meth, and sentencing legislation that will bring positive results.
- Communicated CSC goals and efforts to local and state elected officials.
- Provided community education and outreach through Kiwanis, Rotary, Yakima Chamber, YPAC, and word of mouth.
- Facilitated the opening of juvenile detention beds for youth charged with graffiti crimes.
- Built strong faith based relationships throughout Yakima Valley; distributed prayer cards, held prayer walks and rally, and helped coordinate cold weather shelters in Yakima.
- Collaborative effort between YPD, CSC, YVCC, & EPIC performing two citizen perception surveys related to crime in two different census tract areas with high crime rates.
- Created over 100 summer jobs for youth each summer from 2007-present.
How Can I Get Involved? You Can:
- Meet and get to know your neighbors.
- Get to know your children’s friends better.
- Start a Block Watch.
- Paint over graffiti within 24 hours.
- Contribute financially to specific projects, events, or to our general operating fund to cover our administrative expenses.
- Provide expertise with a loaned executive or consultant.
- Volunteer at events or serve on the Board of Directors or other Action Team.
- Make in-kind donations, such as printing, products, or promotion.
- Mentor or tutor children and youth.
- Offer Internships and job shadowing opportunities for young people.
- Speak about your town with pride.
Safe Yakima Valley looks forward to your involvement in whatever form it takes.
You may contact the CSC Executive Director, David Rolfe, at (509) 248-2021 ext. 112 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our Teams and projects, or to send information about community projects you may be planning that will help reduce crime and improve safety in our community.
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is made up of local leaders including citizens, public agencies, private businesses, and not-for-profit organizations. Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of each month in the Mercy Leadership Center at the Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce, 10 N. 9th Street, at 3:30 pm. If you have an item you would like to bring to our attention, please contact our Executive Director.
Safe Yakima Valley Executive Committee - As of 6/1/11
Ken Irwin Chairman of the Board
Susan Martin Vice Chairman
Ken Marble Immediate Past Chair
Mike Morrisette Treasurer
Michael Moore Second Vice Chairman